8.07.2014

August 2nd

August 2nd, 2014
Day two of "Camping's not for sissies!" We woke up, and Danny and I got breakfast going for everyone [Pancakes, eggs and bacon] Then we all went on a hike up to some falls on the Mt. Timp trail. It was pretty slow going because we had a lot of little hikers with us! But they did good - especially Linds! She walked the whole way! The only kid to not need to be carried! We got back and ate lunch and rested for a bit. The kids were going crazy because Danny and I told them we'd take them fishing and they were asking every five minutes! Danny, Sarah and I took Asher, Scarlet and Lindsay down to Tibble to try our luck at fishing. We [Danny and I] taught the kids how to fish and helped them cast, but we weren't getting any bites. I was helping Lindsay and Scar while Danny had Asher. The people next to us, a grandpa, dad and son got a fish on and reeled him in. I grabbed Linds [Sarah had taken Scar to the bathroom] and we went over and I asked if Linds could see their fish since this was her first time fishing. Who can say no to a cute little girl? So of course Lindsay got to see! She asked if she could "touch it?!" and that won them over haha. They told me that the next fish they get they'll let Lindsay reel in. So sure enough about 2 minutes later they had a fish on! I grabbed Lindsay and she reeled it in all by herself! It was just a little guy and he had swallowed the hook so they let Lindsay keep it. - I had told the kids if they caught anything I'd cook it for them back at camp. She was so excited and basically loved it to death! She wanted to hold it the whole time. I had strung the fish on the rope and was keeping it [somewhat] alive in the shallows. Eventually it died and rigor mortis set in - Lindsay's fish was stuck in an "L" shape from where her hands had been! The guys next to us caught another fish bigger than our little guy but way smaller than theirs that they let us have. Scarlet claimed it as hers! At this point it was getting late so we packed up and after a group shot headed out. We went back to the campsite and the kids told their version of our fishing trip story while they ate dinner and I cooked the fish. [Asher ended up eating most of it!] We ended our night with campfire and s'mores again :) I love camping! It is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment