12.31.2018

December 6th

December 6th, 2018
When it was finally morning the Urologist came by and to my dismay, told me to hold off eating and drinking for a few more hours to see if I could pass them myself. He'd come back and check on me. Apparently "a few hours" translates to the whole freakin' day! I didn't see him again until 5 or 6 that evening. Luckily around 3 I passed my first big stone. Shortly after my second, smaller one followed suit. It was then, after 22 hours since my last meal, that I was finally allowed to eat and drink. 
     When the urologist came by to see me he said I could be discharged. Due to short staff, my nurse was running all over the place. I didn't walk out of the hospital until 7:30 - only after my mom went to have her paged. I was still in a bit of pain, but wanted to go home more than anything. I hadn't seen Jones since the night before when I went in and had left him with my mom at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment