7.14.2014

July 5th

July 5th, 2014
Today I got to photograph the Smiths! [Steph's family]
They've all grown up so much since I last saw them!
Despite a few uncooperative kids, we got some awesome shots!
.  .  .
That morning Danny and I had to wake up early [after getting to bed late] to make it up to Salt Lake in time to watch the new Transformers movie for Scott's birthday.
I was planning on importing my pictures before we left so I'd have a clean, empty memory card for the shoot. While on our way up, I formatted my memory card because I had forgotten to and didn't want to forget before I got to my shoot.
I didn't realize until we were walking into the theater that I
HAD NOT IMPORTED MY PHOTOS
and instead of being efficient, I ended up DELETING ALL MY PHOTOS FROM THE PAST TWO DAYS! 

I was heartbroken.

For the first time in 4 years I didn't have a picture for my "Picture of the Day"
Luckily we were a tad late for the movie so we had to rush right in and sit down.
I'm pretty proud of myself, considering there was a lot of choice words flying through my head that did not make it past my lips.
However, I did spend the first 15 minutes or so silently crying during the movie theater.
But then I gave myself a little pep talk and in the words of my wise photography professor, rule number one is "Don't freak out" -
I remembered my lame selfie I took on my phone from our hike so I had that day covered. But I had nothing to show for the 4th. Danny was so sweet and was trying to help me and comfort me and suggested that we recreate our 4th of July photo.
And that's just what we did.

I am proud at how well I handled the situation. When it boils down to it, yes it sucks, but it happened and there's nothing that I can do about that except try to make the best of the situation. This is my picture of the day, there are no rules, if something like this happens I don't "fail" my photo project, I just figure out what I need to do next.
I guess this is what growing up feels like ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment