7.27.2014

July 25th

July 25th, 2014
Calf Creek Falls today! After breakfast was eaten and cleaned up we headed out the door for our next adventure! All but two in our class made the 6 mile round trip hike up to the waterfall! Alyssa and I wore our swimsuits underneath clothes so that we could get in the [freezing] water! Only four of us actually got our whole body in! [Me, Alyssa, Sean and Kelly!] We took photos, swam around, took photos some more and ate lunch in the shade. When we finally made it back to the cars it had started storming and raining again. We lost one of the cars in our caravan and pulled into a gas station/mini mart to wait for them. Alyssa and I ended up buying $15 Mexican Ponchos! haha super random! But we were freezing and they only had two smalls left! Then some of us split up. My car, [Richard, Sarah, Alyssa and I] were hungry from all of the days adventures and wanted to try out this super awesome local burger joint down the road. The rest of the class wanted to off road and try to catch some more lightning. We went our separate ways. [I liked our way better] The burger place in boulder was SO good! If I had more room in my stomach I think I would have licked my plate clean! After dinner we piled in the car and I played DJ. We had a terrifying moment when we were literally feet away from hitting a black cow crossing the road. Lucky all of us girls screamed so loud Richard was able to swerve and miss it! Crazy! We were wide away for the rest of the ride back to the station. We ended up beating the other cars back to the station - turns out they were chasing the sun and got to the cliff about 10 minutes too late and they missed the last lighting strike and one of the cars was completely lost! Everyone ended up finding their way back to base thankfully. Those who hadn't eaten had dinner waiting for them. It was another late night again. Some people still had critiques to do! I ended up clonking out around 12:30/1 ish. Weird to think tomorrow I get to go back home and be back in civilization! 

No comments:

Post a Comment