12.31.2017

December 2nd

December 2nd, 2017
Our last day in Florida. We had a chill morning packing and getting ready for our flight back home. Once we were ready we met up with Bill and Mindi and one of the resorts for lunch. Gary and Annie had taken all of Bill's kids on a quick little excursion and were going to meet us there. We ate lunch at the pier and waited for the kids. After waiting awhile we finally got through to Annie; their bus never showed up! Instead they caught another one and were going to walk from Planet Hollywood to us - about a mile+ walk! Bill and Min left to try and meet them halfway. Danny and I had to go to the airport to return our rental car since we were already running behind schedule. We made it to the airport, ditched the car and got our boarding passes. The line to go through security was a joke! There were so many people that there had to be a break in it to make a hallway for people going the opposite direction. Once Danny and I made it to the switchbacks, they opened up all the stalls and all the people just started making their own lines! It was ridiculous! People kept cutting us and were being so rude! Luckily Jones was asleep! We decided to hug the wall that bordered where the handicap line was. We finally saw Bill and the kids and Gary. Gary was coming to help get us through security since Mindi was staying longer for the convention. It took forever to get to the lady checking our passes. We finally made it through only to realize the line bottlenecked into smaller lines to go through the security machines. Danny asked if there was anyway we could go up the handicap entrance since we had 5 little kids with us between the three adults. The lady said "no." we barely moved 3 feet in 20 minutes. The whole time I was praying and looking at my watch. We weren't going to make our flight. Despite getting to the airport two hours early! I said another prayer, said amen and saw a TSA worker. He looked like a grandpa, so I thought I'd ask him. Jones was still asleep so I asked him if I was going to have to take him out of the stroller once it was our turn to go through. - Hoping he'd have compassion and take the hint. He looked at me, looked at Jones and then the lady behind me and her stroller and said, "both you two and your parties come with me," and with that he opened the stall to let us through. I yelled and Dan and Bill to grab the kids. We were finally moving! Hallelujah! I said a thank you prayer. We were going to make our flight! We sent everything through and waited for Bill. Lincoln's bag was removed to be searched. Oh no. We waited for them to get to his bag, but they kept skipping over it. According to the time, they were now boarding our flight. We finally agreed that Danny and I would take Ash and Scar with Jones and get on the plane. We busted it to the shuttle and then to the terminal. We were board group D and they were on C! We were the last ones to board the plane, but still no Bill. Danny and I started Checking everything, the carseat, our suitcases, Scar and Ash's suitcases, everything to buy us more time! The TSA worker yelled out "Final Call!" Asher started to freak out and Danny said, "It's not really final call." to which the TSA worker replied, "Oh yes it is!" I started mentally prepping where the kids were going to sleep that night, and just as I'm taking Asher, Scarlet and Jones through the doorway we see Bill running with Linc and Cozy! I relax and take Scar and Ash to their seats. Holy cow they made it! Everyone boards and then we prepare for take off. Talk about the most stressful flight I have ever been on! Luckily the flight home was uneventful save for Jones peeing all over me since we didn't have time to change him before we boarded. Dad picked us up and we went home and slept so good. Come to find out that in all the hustle and bustle, Linc had a mini water bottle in his bag from the last flight over. In the process of getting it checked and booking it to the terminal, Bill left Cozy's bag at security. It had her pink blanket and all the kids' headphones except for Asher's. Luckily Bill was able to text Mindi and she swung back to the airport and picked it up. After all that I am so glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment